This two-day course focuses on the fundamentals of project management. It draws on the Project Management Institute’s ‘Project Management Body of Knowledge’ (PMBOK® Guide)*.
You’ll learn about:
- the project lifecycle
- project management methodologies
- key roles
- risk management
- project quality
- closing projects.
Using a real project as a case study, you’ll be able to share ideas, collaborate on concepts and discuss solutions. You’ll learn practical tools and tips to use in the workplace. You’ll also get a reference guide and documentation templates to use on future projects.
By the end of the course, you’ll have gained the skills to improve time, cost and scope management. You’ll also have practiced these new skills so you can confidently transfer them to real life scenarios.
*PMBOK® Guide is a registered trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Workshops are delivered on a public scheduled basis, they are to further support the learner in Project Management and provide partial completion of one unit of competency if assessments are completed.
- How to write a project charter
- How to evaluate a project management plan
- What to include in a status report
- Methods of scheduling project tasks
- How to analyse stakeholders
- How to resolve issues and manage change
- How to document lessons learned
- How to conduct a project review
This course is suitable if you:
- want to gain a hands-on understanding of the key areas of project management practice and process
- want to apply this knowledge in a practical way with best practice tools and techniques
- manage projects or are part of a project team and need to improve project outcomes.
Complete this course on its own or as part of a blended Project Management qualification:
- Project management methodologies and frameworks
- Project governance
- Documents and processes commonly used in project management
- Understanding key roles and authority levels in a project
- Recognising each phase of a project’s lifecycle
- Introducing the triple constraints model
- Scoping and scheduling a project
- Managing issues and changes within project processes
- Identifying, assessing and managing project risks
- Quality planning, quality assurance and quality control processes for projects
- Project communication and stakeholder management
- Managing the procurement process
- Reviewing and finalising a project
EA Members: $1283.50
Blended: included in the BSB40920 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice and BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management