Terms and Conditions
By enrolling in any course provided by Engineering Education Australia or The Moreland Group (TMG), (EEA, ABN: 45 008 663 349 The Moreland Group RTO: 6632) you agree to be legally bound by the following terms and conditions (these “Terms and conditions of enrolment”)
A reference in these Terms and conditions to “we”, “us” or “our” is a reference to Engineering Education Australia and The Moreland Group.
If you require any assistance or clarification with any of the below, you are welcome to contact our student solutions team on 03 9321 1700
By enrolling in a course with us, you:
- Confirm that all the information you have given us in connection with your enrolment is complete, true and correct at the time it’s given.
- Confirm that you have read and fully understand the course outline for the program that you are enrolling in.
- Confirm that you have access to a suitable workplace if necessary to fulfil course requirements; to a computer with the internet connection and Office software or similar; the ability to view other online content i.e. YouTube and any additional hardware, software or equipment as specified on our Learning Management System (EngLearn).
- Confirm that you have read and understood all the information in this document, the relevant policies links and our Code of ethics, and that you agree to act in accordance with them
- Accept that it is your responsibility to ensure that the personal information you provide to us is kept current. Any changes to your name, address, email address, phone numbers, payment options or banking details should be sent to us as soon as practicable with any relevant documentation.
- Agree to retain a current email address by which you can be contacted for the duration of your course and through which we may communicate formally with you via email and through EngLearn.
You acknowledge that you may be prevented from enrolling with us or have your enrolment cancelled at any stage if we determine at our discretion that any of the above statements are untrue or you are otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions.
By enrolling in a course with us, you:
- Confirm that you have read and understood the fees associated with your course and agree to pay your requisite fees (plus GST if applicable).
- Confirm that if you are under 18 years you have submitted your parental consent form including their agreement to the payment of fees arrangements.
If you are paying your course fees by instalments, you agree that you will:
- use a valid credit card or Australian bank account;
- enter into a Direct Debit Request Service Agreement;
- pay all instalments on or before the due dates
- remain liable for any unpaid instalments even if you wish to finish your course early
- only be entitled to be issued with a certificate of course completion once you have paid your course fees in full; and
- only be entitled to be issued with a statement of attainment for a module once you have paid all fees in respect of that module.
You acknowledge that the course fees do not include:
- Any hardware, software, printed materials (additional fees may apply if these are required) or equipment for your course, even if it is listed on our website as a requirement of your course; and
- Any travel and other personal costs (such as uniforms) associated with undertaking workplace assessments.
Withdrawal and Refunds
- You may request a full refund of course fees provided advice of withdrawal is received by us in writing prior to the commencement of the course and within seven (7) days of your enrolment date (for details please refer to our Refund and Fees Policy)
- You may be eligible for a refund for a course that has already commenced if extenuating circumstances apply (for details please refer to our Extenuating Circumstances Application Form).
- If you do not complete the course within its mandatory timeframe, your enrolment will expire and you will not be eligible for a refund unless you have applied for and paid a fee for an extension which has been accepted.
To be eligible for a standard refund you must have:
- Withdrawn from the course prior to commencement date and provided written notice; and
- Submitted a refund request form.
- If there is an outstanding debt associated with your course, please contact us for possible payment options.
Code of Ethics
TMG/EEA Code of Ethics provides, for a clear understanding of the expectations and obligations we expect from students participating in one of our courses with regard to personal and academic conduct. All students are expected to comply with these principles for the duration of their participation.
- By enrolling in a course with us, you are expected to comply with the terms and conditions for using our student platforms for the duration of your enrolment. If we consider that you are not complying with these requirements, we may cancel your enrolment, which may result in your loss of fee
- Some information collected by our platforms will not in itself identify you but will provide information about your use of our platform (for example ‘click-through data’ or ‘cookies’). We may collect and use this data to track the use of our platforms to improve our services.
Subject to these terms and conditions, we agree to:
- provide you with access to our online learning environment, associated learning materials and trainers;
- respond to your questions throughout your course;
- mark and provide feedback of any assessments;
- provide you with access to our student support services; and
- on successful completion of the course and/or course modules issue you with a certificate of course completion and/or statement of attainment as relevant.
We reserve the right to make changes to any course (including units, learning materials and assessments), our policies and procedures, and adjust fees or course schedules at any time.
Our agreement with you is governed by the laws of Victoria and the Standards for Registered Training Organisation 2015.