Leading a project to success relies on much more than just engineering skills. Gaining project management expertise will help you keep a project on track, within budget and scope while delivering the intended outcomes. Project performance is also improved through good communication and leadership skills.
This 12-month qualification will ground your existing practice in the discipline of project management. Using your own projects or an engineering case study, you’ll learn how to:
- develop end-to-end project documentation
- manage stakeholder expectations
- deal with project issues and changes
- review projects and implement lessons learned
- identify, assess and manage risks
- manage procurement activities throughout the project lifecycle
- implement project control mechanisms
- efficiently report on project status.
By the end of the course, you’ll have the tools and strategies to deliver better project outcomes for your organisation and clients.
This course aligns with ‘A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)’* 6th Edition. This is the Project Management Institute’s global standard for project management.
*PMBOK is a registered trademark of the Project Management Institute Inc.
This course suits any professionals seeking engineering-specific project management skills, including:
- project managers
- project team leaders
- construction managers
- engineering managers
- aspiring project managers.
There are no prerequisites required to apply for the BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management. The Moreland Group requires:
- All students must be of the age of 18 years or over at the time of applying for admission
- All students must be an Australian citizen or resident
- English requirement:
- Entry into this course requires IELTS band score of 5.5 or equivalent in line with Department of Home Affairs regulations OR
- Successful completion of a qualification from an Institute where mode of instructions was English and where the course duration was no less than 12 months OR
- Completion of an approved English Language course.
- Academic requirements:
- Satisfactory completion of studies in applicant’s home country equivalent to an Australian Year 12 qualification is required for entry into this course OR
- Successful completion of a qualification from an Institute where mode of instructions was English and where the course duration was no less than 12 months
- Mature age students will also be considered without the minimum education requirements but with relevant work experience within chosen area of study and a demonstrated capacity to meet course requirements.
- Must be working in an environment with access to projects.
- Access to computer and internet facilities.
- Understand four core elements of project management: time, scope, cost and quality
- Understand the project management life-cycle and each process group within it
- How to report on project status with your audience in mind
- How to create a quality framework for your project and monitor it throughout
- Stakeholder engagement and management practices
- Strategies to manage risks, issues and change control within a project
Project communication processes and techniques
- How to practise project finalisation management, conduct lessons learned and review a project
- BSBPMG530 – Manage Project Scope
- BSBPMG531 – Manage Project Time
- BSBPMG532 – Manage Project Quality
- BSBPMG533 – Manage Project Cost
- BSBPMG534 – Manage Project Human Resources
- BSBPMG535 – Manage Project Information and Communication
- BSBPMG536 – Manage Project Risk
- BSBPMG537 – Manage Project Procurement
- BSBPMG538 – Manage Project Stakeholder Engagement
- BSBPMG540 – Manage Project Integration
- BSBTWK502 – Lead and Manage Team Effectiveness
- BSBCMM511 – Communicate with influence
You have two study options:
Complete the BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management entirely online over 12 months.
You’ll attend this course through our online platform where you’ll get:
- access to online learning materials such as webinars, ebooks and quizzes
- access to a dedicated industry facilitator who is also a project management professional
- the opportunity to collaborate with other learners
- the chance to discuss and share your knowledge and experience.
2. Online and face-to-face
Due to COVID-19 restrictions all public face to face workshops for Project Management have been cancelled until further notice.
Complement your online learning with an introductory, face-to-face workshop. Kick start your understanding of project management basics while gaining insight from a project management professional.
The face-to-face component is: Project Management Essentials
Customised delivery for business
We can deliver this qualification to your organisation or team, tailored to your business needs.
There are a range of assessment methods used for summative assessments, which can depend on the qualification.
Independent assessment tasks to assess a student’s knowledge of the subject, can include:
- Written answer questions
- Written answer questions based on case study or scenario
- Other evidence based on simulated workplace scenarios (e.g. screenshots, pictures, images etc.)
Workplace simulation tasks to help observe and assess a student’s performance and skills, including
- Written answer questions based on case study or simulation
- Production of documents, presentations or spreadsheets
- Portfolio of evidence based on simulated workplace scenarios (e.g. audio or video recordings, project work, research assignments etc.)
Acquire knowledge and skills designed for engineering project managers
You’ll learn using course material and examples drawing from real-life engineering scenarios.
Earn a nationally accredited qualification
Once you’ve successfully completed the course, you’ll gain a project management qualification recognised anywhere in Australia.
Apply your learning
Learn practical project management strategies and techniques that you can apply to your current projects immediately.
Learn best practice methdologies
Delivered by an Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM) endorsed provider and with content based on the Project Management Institute’s global standards, what you’ll learn is international best practice.
Access flexible study options
Learn on demand and at your own pace. Study fully online or online with face-to-face training. We can also tailor this course for your organisation or team.
Enrol Now – Click on selected date
Course number: BSB50820
Course duration: 12 months
Delivered and assessed by: The Moreland Group (TOID 6332)
Qualification level: Level 5
Nationally recognised in Australia: Yes
Delivery method: Assessment only, online and blended
VET FEE-HELP: No
Payment plan: Yes
Engineers Australia members receive a 15% discount on course costs.