Project management is a vital part of any project. In this 12-month qualification, you’ll learn the methods and strategies for keeping a project on track, within budget and scope while delivering the intended outcomes.
This qualification is ideal for project administrators and support staff who want to set up to help manage projects. Using your own projects, you’ll learn how to:
- develop end-to-end project documentation
- understand stakeholder needs
- assist with project issues and changes
- participate in project review and log lessons learned
- identify, assess and report on risks
- support procurement activities throughout the project lifecycle
- determine appropriate project control mechanisms
- efficiently report on project status
By the end of the qualification, you’ll have the tools and methods to support the implementation, management, and completion of engineering projects.
Content and learning outcomes align with ‘A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge’ (PMBOK® Guide)*. This is the Project Management Institute’s global standard for project management.
*PMBOK is a registered trademark of the Project Management Institute Inc.
This course suits:
- engineering graduates
- project officers
- personal assistants
There are no prerequisites required to apply for the BSB40920 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice. The Moreland Group requires:
- All students must be of the age of 18 years or over at the time of applying for admission
- All students must be an Australian citizen or resident
- English requirement:
- Entry into this course requires IELTS band score of 5.5 or equivalent in line with Department of Home Affairs regulations OR
- Successful completion of a qualification from an Institute where mode of instructions was English and where the course duration was no less than 12 months OR
- Completion of an approved English Language course.
- Academic requirements:
- Satisfactory completion of studies in applicant’s home country equivalent to an Australian Year 12 qualification is required for entry into this course OR
- Successful completion of a qualification from an Institute where mode of instructions was English and where the course duration was no less than 12 months
- Mature age students will also be considered without the minimum education requirements but with relevant work experience within chosen area of study and a demonstrated capacity to meet course requirements.
- Must be working in an environment with access to projects.
- Access to computer and internet facilities.
- Understand four core elements of project management: time, scope, cost and quality
- Understand the project management lifecyle and each process group within it
- How to report on project status with your audience in mind
- How to work within a quality framework and report against quality criteria
- Stakeholder engagement and management practices
- Strategies to support risk control, issues and change requests within a project
- Project communication processes and techniques
- How to practise project finalisation management, conduct lessons learned and review a project
- BSBPMG420 – Apply project scope management techniques
- BSBPMG421 – Apply project time management techniques
- BSBPMG422 – Apply project quality management techniques
- BSBPMG423 – Apply project cost management techniques
- BSBPMG425 – Apply project information management and communications techniques
- BSBPMG426 – Apply project risk management techniques
- BSBPMG428 – Apply project lifecycle management processes
- BSBPMG429 – Apply project stakeholder engagement techniques
- BSBCMM511 – Communicate with influence
You can complete the BSB40920 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice entirely online over 12 months.
You’ll attend this course through our online platform where you’ll get:
- access to online learning materials such as videos, ebooks and quizzes
- access to a dedicated industry facilitator who is also a project management professional
- the opportunity to collaborate with other learners
- the chance to discuss and share your knowledge and experience.
2. Blended (online and face-to-face)*
Due to COVID-19 restrictions all public face to face workshops for Project Management have been cancelled until further notice.
Complement your online learning with an introductory, face-to-face workshop. Kick start your understanding of project management basics while gaining insight from a project management professional.
The face-to-face component is: Project Management Essentials
Customised delivery for business
We can deliver this qualification direct to your organisation or team and customise content relevant to your business needs.
There are a range of assessment methods used for summative assessments, which can depend on the qualification.
Independent assessment tasks to assess a student’s knowledge of the subject, can include:
- Written answer questions
- Written answer questions based on case study or scenario
- Other evidence based on simulated workplace scenarios (e.g. screenshots, pictures, images etc.)
Workplace simulation tasks to help observe and assess a student’s performance and skills, including
- Written answer questions based on case study or simulation
- Production of documents, presentations or spreadsheets
- Portfolio of evidence based on simulated workplace scenarios (e.g. audio or video recordings, project work, research assignments etc.)
Designed for engineering professionals and support staff
Learn using course material based on your own projects, so it will be immediately relevant to your work.
Earn a nationally accredited qualification
Once you’ve successfully completed the course, you will gain a project management qualification recognised anywhere in Australia.
Advanced your career
Expand your career options by learning the tools and strategies to complete projects tasks effectively and deliver the desired project outcomes.
Learn best practice methodologies
Gain international best practice knowledge based on the Project Management Institute’s global standards. The qualification is also endorsed by the Australian Institute of Project Management.
Access flexible study options
Study fully online or online with face-to-face training. Learn at your own pace and apply your new knowledge to your everyday work in real-time. We can also tailor this course for your organisation or team.
Enrol Now – Click on selected date
Course number: BSB40920
Course duration: 12 months
Delivered and assessed by: The Moreland Group (TOID 6332)
Qualification level: Level 4
Nationally recognised in Australia: Yes
Delivery method: Online and blended
VET FEE-HELP: No
Payment plan: Yes
Engineers Australia members receive a 15% discount on course costs.